Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had an excellent day, wherever in the world you may be!
Quite a lot has happened since my last updated about TVD, so thought I’d give a final roundup for the year.
1) The Inkshares competition I was in ended, I think I placed top 10 (for pre-sales, not judge voting), but it only shows top 3 now. Massive congratulations need to go to those 3 writers, as they’ve created some amazing work, and I wish them and all the other entrants every success in getting their books published.
2) Anybody who pre-ordered TVD will have received a refund by now. This is because I didn’t reach the 250 pre-order mark for the funding period. This doesn’t mean the book isn’t happening, it will just require a different route and some more time / energy on my part.
3) I wrote a feature horror script called "Underground", which was chosen as one of Bloodlist.com’s Fresh Blood Selects for 2017. For anybody that knows about un-produced, un-repped screenwriters, this is a big deal and probably my high point for 2017. If you want to read said script, you can download it (along with some other awesome scripts) from their website here: https://www.bloodlist.com/the-lists/2017-bloodlist/
4) Off the back of Underground’s Bloodlist success, I’ve had some interest from a couple of managers. Nothing solid yet, but it’s nice to be read by some influential LA people. Will keep you posted if anything comes of it.
5) I’m taking a break from finishing TVD to focus on screenwriting for the next few months. There are some big competitions coming up in 2018, and now that I’ve had interest in my horror writing I need to get a couple more scripts written in that genre to help me land representation. So I’ve got a 2-3 features and a TV pilot to keep me busy in the beginning of the new year.
6) After the film/TV writing is done, I’ll be diving back into the world of TVD. It’s an ambitious story that I absolutely need to tell, and with the interest I received this year there’s no way I’m not going to finish it. You’ll all be updated once it’s ready to go out.
On a final note, I wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you for the tremendous support and faith that you’ve shown me this year. Being a writer means a lot of isolation, and though I always believe in what I write, it’s difficult to know if it’s any good or if it will resonate with an audience. Your feedback has been invaluable, and has helped me grow.
I hope that you all have a productive and satisfying 2018, and I look forward to sharing more of my creative work with you soon.