Jan 25, 2018
Dear readers and friends of Nowhere Else I Want to Be: A Memoir -
It’s January, and my book has been out for a year. An eventful year. Thank you once again to those of you whose orders made sure we reached the 750 preorder threshold, and who have recommended and championed the book for the past twelve months.
Here are some highlights of 2017
"Nowhere Else I Want to Be: A Memoir" has earned three 5-star reviews:
- Book Review Directory - HERE
- Authors Talk About It - HERE
- Readers Favorite - HERE
And it has won awards:
- GRAND PRIZE, Nonfiction - Authors Talk About It 2017 Book Contest
- FINALIST, Memoir - Indie Excellence Book Awards, 2017
- FINALIST, Memoir/Autobio - Next Generation Indie Book Awards, 2017
I redesigned and updated my author website - HERE.
I founded my online school for the support, nurture and challenge of people serving others, FORUM FOR GROWTH IN SERVICE - HERE.
In Forum for Growth in Service, there’s a FREE course with a videoed talk about the major themes of my memoir. If you’ve read the book and would like to know more about it and how/why I wrote it, HERE is the link.
I gave my first ever podcast interview - HERE.
I started doing some public speaking:
- at book clubs,
- nonprofit events (Little Friends of Peace; ALIVE! Alexandria),
- Georgetown University’s Family Medical Residents
- Washington AIDS Partnership.
Three of my essays were published:
- "Highest and Best" (an excerpt from "Nowhere Else I Want to Be) - Honorable Mention in Under the Gum Tree’s Fifth Anniversary Contest. (Not published online)
- "How to Build A Bonfire" in Los Angeles Review - read it HERE
- "If Memory" in Lunch Ticket - read it HERE.
Taking a deep breath and gearing up for 2018! I hope you are, too. And I hope you have a productive, peaceful year.
Carol D. Marsh