It has been a month since the official release of the book. I know that there have been some delays with the international delivery of the books. Though most of the orders have been delivered, if you still haven’t received your hard copies, please tell the publisher about it on firstname.lastname@example.org, they will check with the courier service and will get it fixed.
I’m starting to receive many good reviews from the readers. It is very pleasing. The book is now 4.73 on Goodreads based on 51 reviews and 4.9 on Amazon.com based on 26 reviews.
When the book gets to 100 reviews, Amazon and Goodreads start to suggest it to readers.
Can I ask you for one small favour?
If you haven’t already done so, could you please put your rating or review on Goodreads and Amazon. It will take just a few minutes. Here are the links:
Thank you very much!
This is the final pre-publication update about " Everything is Normal: The Life and Times of a Soviet Kid"
· The book is now being printed in the US and various ebook versions are being finalised.
· Ebooks will be sent to pre-orderers ahead of the official publication date – on March 16th.
· Printed copies will be mailed to pre-orderers on March 16th too and should reach you within a week or so, depending of the speed of mail in different countries.
· IMPORTANT: If you have moved address since you ordered books in April-May 2017, please log into Inkshares and update your shipping address. https://www.inkshares.com/
· On a separate note, I’m happy that the book is getting positive reviews from the advanced readers and some interest from the media. Got a great blurb two days ago. Will show-off a bit now:
"Everything is normal" is a wonderful, funny and evocative account of growing up in the Soviet Union. It brings vividly to life the stodgy food, the dead hand of the state, and the lure of the west, all told through family life in late communist Leningrad. Some of the gags are hilarious. Who knew that that The Empire Strikes Back was released to USSR audiences as The Empire Returns the Blow? Sergey Grechishkin is a major new talent and a writer of humour and verve." Luke Harding, author of #1 New York Times best-seller "Collusion: Secret Meetings, Dirty Money and How Russia Helped Donald Trump Win"
The long journey is finally over. Thank you again for all of your support!