Dec 7, 2015
Found this article in today's West Australian... page 6 of the Today lift-out.
Hopefully, it will provide exposure, pique curiosities and boost sales! Yes, I'm still going for 750! Please help me! If each of you get one more reader, that's 2/3 of the way there... so, your partner/wife/husband/bf/gf, mum, dad, sister, brother, friend, work colleague, your local IGA check-out chicks/chooks, uni mates, lecturers, evil ex-girl/boyfriends... all you have to do is get them to:
- Sign-up - wait ~10 minutes for the email confirmation;
- Click the CLAIM CREDIT button;
- Go back to the site and click PRE-ORDER my book for USD$5;
To assist, I have prepared the following comebacks for some of the most common responses:
- "I don't read" - "don't need to, just wait for the movie."
- "I don't read sci-fi" - "really? are you saying you don't have an imagination?"
- "I hate sci-f"i - ... (quietly walk away from the crazy person, then run fast)
- "I don't know, it's expensive" - (scornfully look at the takeaway coffee in their hands, then say) "seriously?"
- (general display of apathy) - "look, it's the season of giving, and by pledging your support, you're helping an upcoming author tell his story and you get to be part of that journey! While he might not be the next J.K. Rowling or Andy Weir (actually, he just might), but your contribution today might just push him in the right direction."
- "Sure, how do I do it?" - (don't freak out, calmly and purposefully get their email, and send them this link https://goo.gl/UJujLI) "Thank you so much! I'll let Vincent know, I'm sure he'll be stoked!" (or ask them to google "The Cora Chronicles")
So, what are you waiting for? :^)
Sincerely yours, Vincent
P/S: Merry Christmas!