Dragon Con Cosplay!

Dragon Con was Awesome! I’ve uploaded the pics both on Instagram and my blog! So much fun!

One of the most exciting things about Dragon Con (other than hanging with my brother Tim) was meeting up with my fellow Inkshares authors! Here is what J.F. Dubeau, author of The Life Engineered and A God in the Shed had to say about RUNE:

“Stone has crafted an exciting fantasy epic set in a mysterious world of intrigue and adventure. Intricately written and populated with characters we not only root for but also deeply identify with, Rune is constructed with tangible enthusiasm that pours from every page. The flowing prose is experienced rather than read—and done so with vivid clarity. I’m highly anticipating the next in the series!” —J.F. Dubeau, author of The Life Engineered and A God in the Shed

Obviously I am very honored by J.F.’s words—they are a wonderful sneak peak into the wonderful adventure that is Rune of the Apprentice! It was also a blast hanging out with the other Inkshares authors at Dragon Con. Seen above in Matt Hardy’s photo on the far left is me, then Paul Innman, author of Ageless; J.F. Dubeau, author of The Life Engineered and A God in the Shed; Brian Guthrie, author of Rise; and G. Derek Adams, author of Asteroid Made of Dragons. I look forward to next time we meet! (My next convention will be Annapolis Comic Con, on Sept. 18th btw!)

In other RUNE news, large chain bookstores are finally starting to pick up their copies! Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Bookazine, and Indigo, to name a few! Independent bookstores are also getting their copies, too! BUT there are hundreds of bookstores which still have not yet ordered! SO, something you all can do is ASK your local bookstore to stock a copy or three! Just tell them to ask their "Ingram representative" about Rune of the Apprentice and they can take care of the rest! Getting Rune placed in these bookstores is huge, and will enable more people to enjoy this epic adventure!

I’m going to keep this update quick because it’s a Friday, but expect more from me soon! I just recorded a super fun podcast, and have a lot of other cool news to share in the weeks to come. Currently, I am planning out RUNE’s epic book signing tour. I’m hitting each timezone, and undoubtedly, coming to a city near you! In the meantime, hit up your local bookstore and ask them to stock Rune! They wont regret it!  To view all of my Dragon Con Cosplay pics click HERE!

Imlnct1j Jamison Stone · Author · added over 1 year ago
Thanks @Chris Cole ! Pretty wild, man! I’m enjoying the ride so far! Did you ever hear back from Naropa about doing a signing or anything? Although I am sure they would be excited about RUNE, I feel your book would be more applicable!

And thanks to @Joni Dee didn’t see your comment before! Was fun to make!
Thebodyofchris headshot Chris Cole · Author · added over 1 year ago
WOW WOW WOW! So pumped for you dude. Just watched the tv interview and now the audiobook. You deserve all the goods :)
Imlnct1j Jamison Stone · Author · edited over 1 year ago · 2 likes
@Joseph Asphahani Haha, dude other than hanging out with the massive community of cosplayers (my fav part--I’m a huge community guy) rooting for teams at the arena while in cosplay of hero’s they are playing is out of this world. When their Antimage gets an ultra kill and the camera flashes to you so you are on the big screen and everyone in the stadium is cheering,  so awesome! I’ll never be MLG Pro, but being there in cosplay is pretty damn cool.

@Adam Greven and Matt Deller It was proper fun being an wizard slaying, antimage knight :)
Adam matt Adam Greven and Matt Deller · Author · added over 1 year ago
Legit, son!!!!
Picture Joseph Asphahani · Author · added over 1 year ago
Awesome photos, Jamison! Can’t decide which you had more fun with - cosplaying photos or the actual DOTA convention... Looks like you had a blast!
15230176 Joni Dee · Author · added over 1 year ago
Amazing! Great job!!

Exciting news Masters and Apprentices! RUNE OF THE APPRENTICE will be made into an Audible Audiobook!

I can’t begin to describe how happy this makes me. I have heard so many times, "I just don’t have time to read and really wish RUNE was an audiobook!" Well, folks, your wish is my command! Inkshares has done a wonderful job of making it all happen and I am so excited hear, Aleksi, Nataraja, Domadred, Beck, and all the other exciting characters of RUNE OF THE APPRENTICE come to life! HUGE shout out to Adam Gomolin for locking the deal down. Thank you!Also, as many of you know, I just got back from The DOTA2 International Convention and Championship. TI6 was awesome!  (Congrats to team Wings on their epic victory!) As promised MONTHS ago, I ROCKED the Antimage Cosplay, mohawk and all! My brother and I had a great time and you can view the pictures directly on Instagram HERE to get captions and info about each shot! Or for those who don’t like Instagram, there is a full gallery uploaded at the end of this post.

Lastly, for those who have not yet pre-ordered RUNE, now is the perfect time because you can get 25% off the hardcover on Amazon by clicking HEREhttp://amzn.to/2aX3gWo RUNE is a great read, but don’t just take my word for it, here is what Ricardo Henriquez, author of The Catcher’s Trap had to say:

"Jamison Stone’s novel, Rune of The Apprentice, presents the reader with a detailed and beautifully crafted new world. The descriptions of Terra’s geography and its inhabitants are so vivid that I could easily imagine myself walking through the avenues, squares, and marketplaces of Mindra’s Haven. But this book is not only about a well-crafted fantastic world. Probably one of Stone’s biggest achievements is his capacity to portrait his hero’s internal struggle. Aleksi is young, powerful and good at heart but lost. Having the reader rooting for Aleksi from beginning to end requires the work of a skillful storyteller; Jamison Stone is definitely that person." ―Ricardo Henriquez, author of The Catcher’s Trap

If you have not taken a look at The Cateher’s Trap, then you really should--just be warned Ricardo is a master of horror and his book is truly a scary read!  All in all, I am so excited to be able to share RUNE with you all in audio form, and dressing up in full on Antimage Cosplay at TI6 was fantastic! The Dota community rocks! I am super excited for TI7! And again, for those who have not yet picked up their copy of RUNE, snag one here at Amazon for 25% off! http://amzn.to/2aX3gWoP.S.

My next convention is Dragon Con which starts Sept 1st. Expect some more KILLER Cosplay pictures :)

To view all of the pictures on my website click HERE:  goo.gl/Y1yowU

Adam matt Adam Greven and Matt Deller · Author · added over 1 year ago

Dude, nice work! Making it happen!

Apprentices and Masters,

So very excited to say that on Saturday I had my first LIVE TV INTERVIEW! So amazing!

Click HERE to watch! It was such a surreal experience and I was so nervous! But everyone at FOX45 was super friendly! They had received an advance copy and many had already read RUNE! I was blown away by the reception I got! SO FREAKING COOL!

Speaking of freaking cool, another blurb for RUNE just came in, too! Check it out!

"Within just a few moments of beginning to read Rune, I was immediately drawn into the adventurous, magical world that Jamison Stone has created―my heartbeat pulsed, my breath grew shallow, my fingers trembled as I leap from page to page―and this was all in merely the first chapter! Stone has hit it out of the ballpark with this book, and you will not want to put it down. An epic read indeed." ―Ben Greenfield, New York Times bestselling author of Beyond Training

I am so humbled by all the positive feedback I am getting for RUNE and SO EXCITED for everyone to get their copies! (If you want to check out all of the other blurbs click HERE.)

In other news: Geek & Sundry is hosting another contest, and this time it’s Fantasy!

MANY people have asked if I am going to submit RUNE’s sequel into the contest, and my answer is a definitive NO. And here is why: I feel Inkshares contests should be to raise awareness to NEW authors, not ones with a strong following. The reason I was able to publish RUNE, and have the courage to take a leap into crowd funding, is because I knew that the Nerdist contest would be a fair(ish) playing ground, and although I did not win, RUNE is now Inkshares’ #3 top selling book in Fantasy, despite still being in pre-orders!

So, no, I am not entering the contest--Instead, I am going to support NEW authors who come onto the Inkshares platform and hopefully enable someone unknown, like I was, get their chance to shine! To that end, if anyone fits that description and wishes their book to be featured on my blog just tweet me @StoneJamison and we will make it happen!

Truly exciting times for RUNE and Inkshares and I am so happy to be sharing it with you!

p.s. Next week I will be in Seattle’s KeyArena for the DOTA International Convention and Championship! I will be there for the ENTIRE event (8+ days!) Follow me on Twitter @StoneJamison for live updates of all the excitement! It will be EPIC! #GGWP

More Comments