Happy New Year!
After a restful holiday and a hectic 2 weeks of work back (I work as a student counsellor/advisor), I am jumping right back in to writing!
I’m already feeling nostalgic for Christmas. We had a giant white tree that is now a few years old. We changed the decor on it to a blue and gold this year- figured the traditional red could use a change.
Now back to writing. My goals for this year is many-fold:
- Continue improving upon my work by writing, reading exemplary and crappy works of literature.
- Learn more about the publishing industry through a variety of means
- Submit my short stories to literary magazines and competitions, in order to gain writing credits and further credibility as a beginner author.
- Network with other writers & industry professionals. I am part of a local chapter of an authors association & now I need to make it the meetings!
- Find new avenues to publish Zombie Catz or my other adult literary fiction manuscript.
Will I meet all my writing goals for 2018? I cannot say, only that a writing career is a marathon, not a sprint. It will take many years of writing, hard work, trying different strategies and succeeding or failing in them.
Happy Writing to everyone for 2018! Thank You for following me