CoverKitchen Book Cover Design Package: Paperback/Hardcover + eBook
– Entire spread design of the print version (cover, spine and back cover), all images and original illustrations, text correction rounds, barcode placement, spine width adjustment and delivery of ready-to-print Adobe Indesign final artwork based on the specs provided by the printer as well as ready-to-print PDF.
– Low and high-resolution JPGs of the cover.
– eBook cover master file based on the specs of the distribution platform and reading device.
– 3D mockup of your book in PNG format (transparent background) for promotional purposes leading up to book release.
– Separate elements from the cover and back cover in JPG and PNG formats, optimized for use on banners across your social media platforms, website and other marketing materials.
– Briefing: CoverKitchen provides a creative brief template for you to fill in with their assistance. A comprehensive and efficient brief ensures that the creative process leads to a successful cover. This is helpful not only for the designer to better understand your book, particularly its tone of voice and mood, but also for you to sort out and prioritize the concepts and elements that will shape the cover of your book.
– Besides stock imagery, CoverKitchen often uses in-house illustration, which allows creative leeway and solid conceptualization. The use of original illustrations provides more value and uniqueness to the covers.
– Proposals and timing: CoverKitchen usually submits 3 or 4 different concepts within a week of receiving the creative brief. During this first round, it is advisable to narrow down the choices to one or two. Afterwards, they allow up to 3 revisions of the chosen cover. However, their designers are reasonable and flexible; a small tweak does not count as a new iteration.
– Total cost for this package is $600 USD. CoverKitchen waives retainer requirements for Quill authors! Based on their experience, the completion of a cover final artwork, including the back cover text, spine adjustment and barcode, might take a considerable amount of time, sometimes months, depending on the publisher and the stage of your interior book design. Hence, a full payment following the approval of the cover spread design is always preferable.
Finish up your profile to stay connected with our books.