Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you all had an excellent day, wherever in the world you may be!
Quite a lot has happened since my last updated about TVD, so thought I’d give a final roundup for the year.
1) The Inkshares competition I was in ended, I think I placed top 10 (for pre-sales, not judge voting), but it only shows top 3 now. Massive congratulations need to go to those 3 writers, as they’ve created some amazing work, and I wish them and all the other entrants every success in getting their books published.
2) Anybody who pre-ordered TVD will have received a refund by now. This is because I didn’t reach the 250 pre-order mark for the funding period. This doesn’t mean the book isn’t happening, it will just require a different route and some more time / energy on my part.
3) I wrote a feature horror script called "Underground", which was chosen as one of Bloodlist.com’s Fresh Blood Selects for 2017. For anybody that knows about un-produced, un-repped screenwriters, this is a big deal and probably my high point for 2017. If you want to read said script, you can download it (along with some other awesome scripts) from their website here: https://www.bloodlist.com/the-lists/2017-bloodlist/
4) Off the back of Underground’s Bloodlist success, I’ve had some interest from a couple of managers. Nothing solid yet, but it’s nice to be read by some influential LA people. Will keep you posted if anything comes of it.
5) I’m taking a break from finishing TVD to focus on screenwriting for the next few months. There are some big competitions coming up in 2018, and now that I’ve had interest in my horror writing I need to get a couple more scripts written in that genre to help me land representation. So I’ve got a 2-3 features and a TV pilot to keep me busy in the beginning of the new year.
6) After the film/TV writing is done, I’ll be diving back into the world of TVD. It’s an ambitious story that I absolutely need to tell, and with the interest I received this year there’s no way I’m not going to finish it. You’ll all be updated once it’s ready to go out.
On a final note, I wanted to say a huge thank you to all of you for the tremendous support and faith that you’ve shown me this year. Being a writer means a lot of isolation, and though I always believe in what I write, it’s difficult to know if it’s any good or if it will resonate with an audience. Your feedback has been invaluable, and has helped me grow.
I hope that you all have a productive and satisfying 2018, and I look forward to sharing more of my creative work with you soon.
It’s been a while since my last update, so I figured I’d give you some more details on how things are going.
I actually took a break from the novel world recently to focus on a new horror screenplay, which had been kicking around my mind for several months. For those that don’t know, screenwriting is my bread and butter when it comes to writing, so it was good to smash some pages out and get another script under my belt. It’s now in a US-based contest, so hopefully it’ll find success with the right people!
But back to why you’re all here... Innocence didn’t make it into the Tracking Board’s Top 50, but it’s still in the running for publishing, so getting more pre-orders is the priority now. I’ve added some of Chapter 3 for you all to read, so check it out when you get a chance. Things are about to get pretty exciting for Nina and Bob, and I can’t wait to show you more of their world!
As always, if you like what you’re reading and want to see this book actually get made, I’d greatly appreciate a shout out on social media / email, or in person at your work / local cafe / cousin’s wedding to spread the love and get more people on board.
Thanks again for the incredible support. I’ll be getting the rest of Chapter 3 online later this week, so stay tuned!
Not sure if I’ll manage to give a daily update, or anyone actually wants one, but just wanted to give a shoutout to the new people that pre-ordered my book today. These legends are as follows:
Alec & Carol Hildreth
Thank you everyone for the fantastic support, I’m hugely grateful.
In other news, you should all have received a message saying that chapter 2 is now live, so give it a read when you get a chance!
Funding is officially underway! A year ago this book was just a spark of an idea in the depths of my imagination, and if you’d told me I’d have people actually pre-ordering copies of it now I’d have laughed you out of the room.
But here we are, a day into my first crowdfunding campaign for my debut novel, and I’ve got 6 amazing people willing to put their faith in my words. In no particular order, here is a list of my current champions:
Kelsey Rae Barthel
I’m now even more determined to bring this crazy book to life, and as a reward for my current and future readers I’ll be putting the 2nd chapter up later this week, so watch this space!
Thanks again to everyone for the incredible support, it means the world.